The Metaverse opens up all types of possibilities for adventure! NFT wearables are one popular way to play in the Metaverse.
There are many places to explore, people to meet, and experiences to revel in within Metaverse worlds like Decentraland. But best of all, you can do everything in attire not just of your choosing but of your design.
Wearables allow you to customize your digital avatar and fully control how others see you within the metaverse. Decentraland breaks NFT wearables into several categories, so users can craft the exact look they imagine.
Want to customize your avatar? Here’s how to create your NFT wearables in Decentraland.
Here’s a quick breakdown of all the Wearable categories
Digital avatars are made up of different body parts that represent Wearable categories.
– Body_shape: Replaces the entire avatar’s body.
– Skin: Replaces the entire avatar (head, upper body, lower body, and feet except for accessories)
– Hat: Replaces the avatar’s hair. Caps that leave some hair exposed must be attached to the hair in the mesh to prevent the avatar from going bald whenever they put on their hat.
– Helmet: Overrides the avatar’s entire head, replacing both hair and facial_hair.
– Hair: Replaces an avatar’s hat.
– Facial_hair: facial hair won’t replace or override any other wearables.
– Head: Mouth, Eyes, Eyebrows
– Mask: Replaces helmet, tiara, and eye-wear; it will override facial_hair.
– Eye_wear: Replaces helmet and mask.
– Earring: Replaces helmet.
– Tiara: Replaces mask and helmet.
– Top_head: rendered on the top of an avatar’s head. For example, an angel’s halo.
Decentraland also breaks Wearables down by rarity; the rarity of your wearable determines the total number of NFTs that may be minted based on your item.
– Unique wearables are 1/1
– Mythic wearables have a maximum of 10 mintable NFTs
– Legendary wearables are 1/100, at the most
– Epic wearables are collections of 1,000 or less
– Rare wearables can have up to 5,000 NFTs;
– Common and uncommon collections have up to 100,000 and 10,000, respectively.
Using Blender (a free 3D rendering program), the 3D files provided by Decentraland, and some of Decentraland’s native token, MANA, anyone can design their wearables and profit off their vision and hard work.
Decentraland allows users to craft their own ‘wearables’ to customize the user experience and make the virtual world more personalized.
Sounds pretty cool, huh? Let’s run you through the necessary steps to create your new wardrobe.
How to create a 3D NFT wearable with Blender
1. Download Blender
Blender is a free and open-source program for 3D rendering and animation.
2. Download Wearable Reference Models
The models provide virtual mannequins of the same scale as Decentraland avatars, so you can ensure the clothes fit perfectly.
You’re all set up to start creating; let your imagination run wild! You can create your designs and take control of the shape, color, and textures of all your clothes!
Decentraland has plenty of guides for those new to 3D animation, so don’t feel discouraged if the program seems intimidating.
Once satisfied with your handiwork, it’s time to check the weighting and export the GLB file.
You want to ensure your file conforms to the shape of the avatar model and appropriately shifts with movement. Rigging your file can be a painstaking process. Thankfully, most designs that use the provided reference models have actions natively built-in, so you can just hit “ctrl + p” key to apply automatic weights.
5. Exporting & Publication
The time has finally come. You’re ready to share your creation with the world!
Head over to Decentraland builder, log in with your wallet, and create a new collection for your designs.
Now you can upload your creation, set the rarity and mint your personally designed wearable.
Follow those five easy steps, and you’ll be stuntin’ in the metaverse in no time. Don’t wait to flex your style!
If you are craving more custom or complex wearables or don’t have the time to make your own, you can hire professional metaverse developers like Cominted to create your wearable for you.
Are you looking to buy new NFT wearables for your avatar? Check out Petaverse to mint a custom NFT of your favorite pet.